St. Francis of Assisi

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words"
~ it is always necessary... but make sure you live what you preach now!

Sunday 29 September 2013

WHERE IS HE GOING ANY WAY?

Map of Africa (excluding Madagascar)
WHERE IS HE GOING ANY WAY?

A lot of people have been asking me "Is Malawi in Asia?", others have said "he is going to Maui", but I am not going there either.

Malawi is a southern African nation. The map I have here shows where it is.

Malawi is in-between Mozambique, Zambia and Tanzania.  It is a country and a half above South Africa, and a couple below Kenya. It is in the same hemisphere as Madagascar.

Malawi is split up into 3 regions: Northern, Central, and Southern. The country is furthermore divided into 28 districts. I will be living in Lilongwe, which is the capital of capitals! Its a district headquarters, the Central Region headquarters, and the countries capital. Its the largest city in the county as well.

Regional map of Malawi, featuring all 28 districts, and headquarters
I will be living in the city. However most of Malawi isn't city like at all. Over 80% of the population live in rural areas and work in agriculture.

Now all of you who did not know where I am going know where I will be spending the next half year. I also Have a TAB 'page' on the blog which explains a little bit more about Malawi. please check it out! Better yet google it your self. I did the smallest blurb, which in no way does this country or its people justice in the explanation! Especially since I have yet to go to Malawi.

Thank you again for reading everyone. Please stay in touch, comment and continue to follow in this journey to Malawi with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment