St. Francis of Assisi

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words"
~ it is always necessary... but make sure you live what you preach now!

Thursday 21 November 2013

Coke for Days!



How much do you pay for a Coke in your country?  In Canada, before taxes for a single can of Coke it's about $1.25 - $1.50.

In summer heat nothing is quite like a refreshing ice cold glass of Coke. This is especially true when it's been chilled to the point of forming small ice crystals in the bottle.  Ah…now I’m thirsty!!!  Anyway...I know for myself without the Dollar Drink Days special at McDonalds, I would not be able to afford to enjoy such refreshment and relief from the summer heat (in Vancouver, that is.)
http://cdn.ttgtmedia.com/ITKE/uploads/blogs.dir/141/files/2011/02/ice-cold-coca-cola1.jpg
In Malawi, a single Coke will cost you 130 – 150 Malawian Kwacha (MK).  Now that may sound like a lot…but really it's not. That’s 32.5 - 37.5 cents per ice cold Coke.  That’s 4.6 Cokes here for the price of one in Canada!

Why am I telling you this?  Well, good question.  I’m seriously addicted to Coke in this heat here in Lilongwe.  Some days it's fine - other days I choose not to count the number of Cokes or Fantas consumed in a day. You have my permission to judge me and have a Skype intervention meeting with me.

For everyone not from Canada reading this…we Canadians are very sarcastic with our humor.  So please take this with a grain of salt.

Lilongwe from Home

No comments:

Post a Comment